The 2013 Emmy Nominations were announced. The noms I most care about were in the Outstanding Lead Actress category. Here are the nominees.
- Vera Farmiga as Norma Bates in Bates Motel
- Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary Crawley in Downton Abbey
- Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison in Homeland
- Robin Wright as Claire Underwood in House of Cards
- Elisabeth Moss as Peggy Olson in Mad Men
- Connie Britton as Rayna James in Nashville
- Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope in Scandal
What a great list. I love all these actresses and all these performances and all these shows.
Well, I can’t stand Mad Men. I lived through the 50s once – I don’t need to suffer all that patriarchy again. But I loved Elizabeth Moss in Top of the Lake so I’m happy she was nominated for that, too.
Claire Danes, Connie Britton, Kerry Washington – I lurve them to bits. And a big Hurrah for Kerry Washington for letting herself be filmed with wet hair in the shower with Tony Goldwin and for being the first African American woman nominated in this category in years. I hope she wins.
But, really TV academy people, Emmy nomination people, where the hell is Tatiana Maslany from Orphan Black? She really should be on that list. She doesn’t have to win, but cripes, she should have been nominated.
She really should.
Like REALLY should.
Are you happy with the Emmy nominations? What’s your particular favorite category of nominees?
If you’d like to see a complete list of all the women nominated in every category, check out Looking at the 2013 Emmy Nominated Women at Women and Hollywood.