The ratio of male to female characters in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is not to my liking. Because if that, I’ve pretty much ignored any news about the upcoming series on the CW. However, last week something caught my eye that made me think some of my readers here might be interested in the series.
First of all, let’s look at the male to female ratio on this superhero show.
The cast includes:
- Victor Garber as Professor Martin Stein / Firestorm
- Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer / The Atom
- Caity Lotz as Sara Lance / White Canary
- Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter
- Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory / Heat Wave
- Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart / Captain Cold
- Ciara Renée as Kendra Saunders / Chay-Ara / Hawkgirl
- Falk Hentschel as Carter Hall / Khufu / Hawkman
- Franz Drameh as Jefferson “Jax” Jackson / Firestorm
I count 7 men and 2 women. Where are Jessica Jones and Agent Carter when you need them? Oh, right. They’re over in the Marvel universe.
The news that caught my eye was that Ali Liebert will play Lindsay Carlisle, a potential love interest for White Canary in the 1950s. Liebert is a favorite from Bomb Girls and Lost Girl, but will she have a large enough part in all the CGIed action in this series to make a difference?
Greg Berlanti, who also brought us Supergirl, is one of the creators on Legends of Tomorrow. That gives me a bit of hope for the female characters on the series.
Here’s the first look at DC’s Legends of Tomorrow from the CW. Are you going to give it a try?