Wonder Woman is awesome. Patty Jenkins, the director, did a masterful, awesome job. Gal Gadot was perfect and awesome. Chris Pine was above average awesome. Here’s my review: AWESOME!
Before I saw Wonder Woman, I thought I might write a meaningful think piece about it. Something brilliant like what Heather Hogan wrote at Autostraddle. But no, Heather already did brilliant.
Whew. That leaves me free to bathe in my enthusiastic appreciation of Wonder Woman. I loved it. Enthusiastically.
Anything you want to ask me about Wonder Woman, the answer is, “Awesome!”
- The origin story? Awesome!
- The peace and love at the core of the heroine? Awesome!
- Diana’s calm knowledge of right and wrong? Awesome!
- The mythology of Diana as a goddess? Awesome!
- The minor characters? Awesome!
- The culture clash in London? Awesome!
- Including Eugene Brave Rock as The Chief? Awesome!
- Hell, the inclusiveness of the cast in general? Awesome!
- The action scenes? Awesome!
- The jokes? Awesome!
- Finally having the female superhero we’ve needed for Oh. So. Long? Awesome!
- The potential for many more brilliant, exciting movies about Wonder Woman? Awesome!
Wondering if you should go see it? OMG, people, “It’s awesome!”
Cheers, kudo, awards prayers, love, and appreciation to everyone involved, but especially to Patty Jenkins who made Wonder Woman everything she deserved to be. Brava!