Everyone has something to say about the way Scandal has tried to hide Kerry Washington’s pregancy. Here are a few of the articles on the topic:
- 12 Worst Ways ‘Scandal’ Hides Kerry Washington’s Pregnancy (Photos)
- The 14 Most Ridiculous Ways Scandal Has Hidden Kerry Washington’s Pregnancy
- See How Scandal’s Been Hiding Kerry Washington’s Pregnancy
- The Cover-Up: 15 Ways ‘Scandal’ Got Clever With Hiding Kerry Washington’s Baby Bump
- Everything ‘Scandal’ Has Used to Hide Kerry Washington’s Baby Bump: a GIF Analysis
- All the Ways Scandal Tried to Hide Kerry Washington’s Baby Bump—Ranked
There are more articles like that. That is one interesting baby bump. As you can see, the pundits have found many examples of ways the baby gets hidden.
The technique I’ve noticed on Scandal is the abundant use of close up head shots of Kerry Washington. In fact, there was a sex scene with Olivia and Jake (Scott Foley) a week or two back that was all head shots. I found it one of the more intimate and downright sexy sex scenes ever. Forget the rest of the anatomy, the future of sex is above the neck!
Actually, Shonda Rhimes, there are more ideas you could use. As a public service, I wanted to point out a few ideas to you. These worked for Jennifer Beals on The L Word.
- Carry two large paper grocery bags everywhere you go.
- Spend time in the snow so large bulky coats are required.
- Stand behind everyone else in the scene and peer through their heads at the action.
- Stay behind the kitchen counter.
- Put a pillow on your lap when you’re sitting down.
- Prop yourself up in bed with a ton of pillows and bedding around you.
- Stand with your back to the camera.
Here’s to all the future babies whose growth is hidden in creative ways from the television cameras. Here’s to the moms. May you all be healthy and happy.